This week’s topic is on lineage.
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
Large parts of my ancestry are unknown, as noone in my family has really researched our geneology. I suspect that I am mostly an Anglo/Irish/Scottish mix, with some other bits thrown in for flavour. What I do know is the following:
- On my mother’s side, I am decended from a First Fleet convict who was transported for disrupting his father’s remarriage. I don’t really know much more about him.
- I have also recently discovered that my grandmother’s grandmother (on my father’s side) was Torres Strait Islander. I don’t know anything more, but I have to say that I am proud to have even that miniscule bit of TSI in my veins.
2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit?
It’s not another country, but it would be interesting to visit the Torres Strait Islands.
3. Which would you least like to visit? Why?
I can’t really answer this one, as I think the UK would also be an interesting place to visit.
4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
Since one of my great-great-grandmothers was Torres Strait Islander, I would have to say that the answer would be whichever of her ancestors arrived first thousands of years ago.