My life seems to be defined by ‘shoulds’ lately, either that people have said to me, or that I have said to myself.
- take my increased dose of medication, preferably at the same time each day.
- try to keep my chin up and be positive
- get out of bed at a reasonable (read early) hour
- go out to the shops and/or for a walk
- force myself to do things that I don’t want to, or that are just plain too hard to do at the moment
- answer the phone when it rings
- realise that people are just trying to help
- get a life.
I should not:
- wallow in my depression (whatever that means)
- lie around all day
- avoid people
- act ungrateful
- use my depression as an excuse
- be lazy
- tell myself that I am not going to be able to sleep
- take sleeping pills.
- be depressed.
- spend so much time on the computer